The BackBox Team is pleased to announce the updated release of BackBox Linux, the version 4.0!
This release includes features such as Linux Kernel 3.13, EFI mode, Anonymous mode, LVM + Disk encryption installer, privacy additions and armhf Debian packages.
The ISO images (32bit & 64bit) can be downloaded from the following location:
- Preinstalled Linux Kernel 3.13
- New Ubuntu 14.04 base
- Installer with LVM and Full Disk Encryption options
- Handy Thunar custom actions
- RAM wipe at shutdown/reboot
- System improvements
- Upstream components
- Bug corrections
- Performance boost
- Improved Anonymous mode
- Predisposition to ARM architecture (armhf Debian packages)
- Predisposition to BackBox Cloud platform
- New and updated hacking tools
- 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- 512 MB of system memory (RAM)
- 6 GB of disk space for installation
- Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution
- DVD-ROM drive or USB port (1.7 GB)
The BackBox team is sorry for the delayed release date, but the porting to the new Ubuntu 14.04 base required lots of work.
The developing team also promises more tools will be available soon and automatically installed in form of system updates.
We hope our users will understand… all our work is done for free and for passion. Our biggest satisfaction is knowing we hopefully made an enjoyable distro, and your best feedback would be seeing you joining our community and contribute.