https://www.backbox.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/website_backbox_text_black.png 0 0 admin https://www.backbox.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/website_backbox_text_black.png admin2015-01-29 20:51:202018-10-06 16:51:05BackBox Linux 4.1 released!
BackBox Linux 4.1 released!
The BackBox Team is pleased to announce the updated release of BackBox Linux, the version 4.1!
This release includes features such as Linux Kernel 3.13, EFI mode, Anonymous mode, LVM + Disk encryption installer, privacy additions and armhf Debian packages.
The ISO images (32bit & 64bit) can be downloaded from the following location:
- Preinstalled Linux Kernel 3.13
- New Ubuntu 14.04.1 base
- Installer with LVM and Full Disk Encryption options
- Handy Thunar custom actions
- RAM wipe at shutdown/reboot
- System improvements
- Upstream components
- Bug corrections
- Performance boost
- Improved Anonymous mode
- Predisposition to ARM architecture (armhf Debian packages)
- Predisposition to BackBox Cloud platform
- New and updated hacking tools
- 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- 512 MB of system memory (RAM)
- 6 GB of disk space for installation
- Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution
- DVD-ROM drive or USB port (2 GB)
To upgrade from a previous version (BackBox v.4.0) follow these instructions:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get install -f
sudo apt-get install backbox-default-settings backbox-desktop --reinstall
sudo apt-get install backbox-tools --reinstall
sudo apt-get autoremove --purge