The BackBox team is proud to announce the release of BackBox Linux 1 RC2. BackBox Linux 1 features the following upstream components: Ubuntu 10.04, Linux 2.6.32 and Xfce 4.6.
- New ISO image
- Improved start menu
- System upgrade
- Bug fixing
- Hacking tools new or updated: OpenVAS 3, Metasploit Framework 3.5.0, Driftnet, Netdiscover, etc.
- 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- 256 MB of system memory (RAM)
- 2 GB of disk space for installation
- Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution
- CD-ROM drive or USB port
Being an RC (Release Candidate) this release is targeted at developers and beta-testers who want to help finding and correcting bugs into BackBox Linux, before the next stable version is released.