The BackBox team is proud to announce the final release of BackBox Linux 1. BackBox Linux 1 features the following upstream components: Ubuntu 10.04, Linux 2.6.32 and Xfce 4.6.1
- New ISO image (32bit & 64bit)
- System upgrade
- Performance boost (using cgroup, the notorious “4 lines of code better than 200″ in user-space)
- New look and feel
- Improved start menu
- Hacking tools new or updated: Aircrack-ng 1.1, Metasploit Framework 3.5.1, OpenVAS 3, SET 1.1, SkipFish 1.84b, SqlMap 0.9, w3af 1.0-rc4, etc.
- Bug fixing
- 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- 256 MB of system memory (RAM)
- 2 GB of disk space for installation
- Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution
- CD-ROM drive or USB port
Enjoy the release, Happy New Year to everyone!